Resumé / CV
What I am:
- An industrial plant commissioner - I have all the right experience to work with the control system and the right technical people to get things working.
- An internet of things fan - I enjoy connecting things and seeing data transverse from the physical, to data payload, to usable information.
- A designer - I can take an idea and complete it from design to implementation.
- A builder - I like to get my hands dirty, build something, wire something, program something.
- Thorough - I like it done right, whether its software or hardware.
- Jack of all trades - I like to learn, I don’t like to not be able to do something.
I’ve worked in and around industrial sites for most of my career.
- Ex Foxboro DCS service engineer
- Ex Foxboro / Invensys technical sales
- Extensive commissioning experience in mining, water and power industries.
- Ability to adapt to most PLC / HMI / DCS platforms.
- Electrical and Instrumentation knowledge and experience to communicate effectively with site teams.
IOT / Software Engineer Experience
I’ve done lots with these technologies.
- Docker, docker-compose, docker-machine
- Ubuntu as an application server
- Cloud application deployments (preference to DigitalOcean)
- MQTT, AMQP
- Serial comms
- Network configuration
- InfluxDB time series database and Grafana visualisation
- SSH, NTP and other applicable services
- Safety - In an industrial environment workplace safety is particularly important, from risk review to working safely I have an excellent track record.
- Electrical Drafting & Design - have designed and drafted a myriad of electrical installations from schematics to general arrangement drawings.
- IT - fluent with Mac, Windows, Linux.
- White Card
- Confined Space Advanced Worker
- Low Voltage Rescue & CPR
- Studied electronic engineering, internetworking and several vendor specific courses.
Please get in touch with me for a full CV with work history.