Operations Manager - Control Direction
Current <- April 2013 (4+ Years)
www.controldirection.com / www.informdb.com
As an all rounder in a small industrial automation company I am involved in all aspects including site supervision, software development, system design, hardware building and all other business and safety functions.
- Design, build and commission control system and electrical integrations including:
- Two seperate plant air service upgrades at AGL Torrens Island Power Station
- Control room upgrade for Mobil Birkenhead fuel terminal
- Pump station MCC for Air Liquide.
- Physical upgrade of control system IO for AGL water demineralisation plant
- Integration of tank level measurement using radar technology into overfill protection systems at Mobil Birkenhead
- Integrated hardware builds and installation for InformDB systems below.
- Creation of data collection and analysis software stack InformDB currently deployed at:
- Zoetis Pharmaceutical, monitoring and alarming on conditions in clean room facility.
- Citic Pacific Mininig (WA), gas turbine emission measurement and reporting.
- Exxon Longford - oil and gas processing emission measurement and reporting.
- Windfarm system monitoring and integration of market data (Yet to be commissioned).
- Several test systems currently in operation including:
- Electrical consumption in large manufacturing facility with 6 x power meters.
- Tracking of man hole cover opening using LoraWAN network communications.
- Site commissioning and management:
- Return water plant to service at Stanwell Power Station (Mt Isa), working with mechanical and electrical contractors to meet customer targets.
- Return to service assistance and testing of Gas/HRSG turbines at Stanwell Power Station (Mt Isa).
- Engineering / control system assistance at Newcrest Mining (Lihir Island PNG).
- Control System support at MMG Century (Lawn Hill / Kurumba QLD).
- Control System support at Mobil Birkenhead (SA) fuel terminal.
Commissioning Engineer - Control Direction
April 2013 <- March 2012 (~1 Year)
Deployed to Newcrest Mining, Lihir Island PNG
- Programming and commissioning of automation systems for Million Ounce Production Upgrade (MOPU) project.
- Pressure Oxidation Autoclave, SAG & Ball Mills, Floatation Circuit, Lime Slaker Plant.
- Foxboro DCS system and vendor supplied PLC’s.
- Maintaining strict deadlines while managing programming and testing of complete automation system and integrating into existing systems.
Marketing Manager - Horsepower Factory / HPF Group
November 2011 <- December 2007 (~4 Years)
- Design, development and maintenance of 5 high traffic websites (all still running and generating business 6 years later).
- Production of community TV show Oz Garage (regularly most watched program on Victorian community TV, broadcast in several other states).
- Marketing budget management and event planning.
- Press release generation
- Management of high profile car builds and releases.
Scada Sales Manager / Proposals Engineer - Invensys (now Schneider)
2010 <- 2007
- Account management
- Proposal generation of both small and multi million dollar systems
- Management of annual user group conferences
Sales Engineer - Diamond Key International
2007 <- 2005
- Petroleum truck loading systems
- Proposal generation
- Account managemet
- Development of internal pricing systems
- Interaction with National Measurement Institute (NMI) for product approval
Project Engineer / Internal Sales - Invensys / Foxboro Australia (now Schneider)
2005 <- 2000
- Predominantly working with the Foxboro I/A Series DCS
- Minor project engineering and commissioning on site throughout Australia
- Preventative maintenance site visits and report generation
- Small system quote generation